Welcome to the 2021 Doddridge County Fair Exhibit Page.
- Exhibit Check-in:
Monday, August 16, 4:30 –8:30 p.m. & Tuesday, August 17, 8:00 a.m.–Noon
- Adult Exhibitors may have (1) entry per class.
- Open to amateurs only (recreational hobby, not for livelihood).
- Items must be original work of exhibitor.
- Youth Sub-Classes are available for exhibitors 14 years and under. Exhibit must be original work of the youth.
- Exhibits may not be priced for sale.
- Exhibits must be items not exhibited previously at the Fair.
- Must be made within the last year and be new and unused. No old, used, or soiled items are to be exhibited.
- The committee will take every precaution for the safekeeping of exhibits but will not be responsible for loss or damage.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- If, in the opinion of the judges, a class does not have an entry worthy of a prize, none will be awarded. An entry will not necessarily win first place because it is the only entry in that class.
- Only judges and members of the committee will be allowed in the room during judging.
- Cash premiums awarded by the Doddridge County Fair Association and Doddridge County CEOS.
- Canned and Dried Food Rules: Canned foods must be exhibited in standard pint or quart canning jars. Exhibits must have standard lids and bands, except jellies will be accepted in jelly jars with standard lids (no paraffin wax seal). Canned goods will be judged on color, placement in jars, uniformity of jars and lids, seal, labeling and general appearance. Dried foods must be exhibited in a glass jar with tight fitted lid. All items must have been canned or dried during the previous year.
- Baked Goods and Candy Rules: Baked goods and candies must be product of the home, not bakery or store. Exhibit loaf bread in plastic bag. All other items should be wrapped in transparent covering and placed on disposable plate furnished by exhibitor. Exhibits judged on appearance, taste, texture, etc. RED STAR Yeast and coupons will be available to all exhibitors. Additional prizes from RED STAR will be given to yeast bread category winners.
- Flowers and Plants Rules: Flowers and plants must be grown by exhibitor and arranged in container holding water. Flowers and containers should have pleasing effect, but containers will not be deciding factor. Label container with your name. Flowering potted plants and foliage plants must be grown or owned by exhibitor for (3) months. Hanging baskets will be placed on tables. Give description and names of dried flower arrangements.
- Crochet, Knitting, Sewing, and Quilting Rules: Open only to amateurs. Exhibit must be work of exhibitor, completed since the previous fair. No old, used, or soiled items are to be exhibited. Work judged on usefulness, construction, appearance, etc.
- Best of Show Awards: A special ribbon and $10.00 will be awarded by the judges to one adult exhibit from each of the (8) categories and one exhibit from the total group of Youth exhibits. Exhibit/premium pick-up times: Saturday, August 21, 9:00-10:00 p.m. Sunday, August 22, Noon – 2:00 p.m. Exhibits may not be removed prior to this time, so people attending the last day can view all exhibits.
- Please note: Some categories may have changed from prior years.
USE THE FOLLOWING BOOKLET TO PREREGISTER YOUR 2021 FAIR EXHIBITS. TITLE EXHIBIT ON LINE PROVIDED BEHIND EACH EXHIBIT SHOWING.
The following files are PDF can either be opened with Adobe Reader or your favorite PDF viewer
Remember to have your entry forms completed to be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card
For more information
WVU Doddridge County Extension Service
461 Main Street
St. Patrick Center
West Union, WV 26456