2019 Doddridge County Fair Amateur Talent Show
August 21, 2019, 7:00 pm
Registration Deadline: August 17, 2019
Country Pride, County Wide
Talent Show Rules
- The Talent Show is open to amateurs only. Those whose talent provides more than 50 percent of their income are not permitted to enter.
- $5.00 entry fee per person in the act.
- Acts may include but are not limited to: dancing, singing, playing an instrument, poetry, comedy, or magic
- Acts are limited to 5-7 minutes. Any act exceeding the time limit will have points deducted from judging.
- Any act that contains profanity, sexual language, suggestive sexual themes or violence WILL NOT be permitted. All act selection must be appropriate for the family audience. You must wear appropriate attire (see #4), clothing, costumes, and gear at all times during the act. Appropriateness shall be determined by the event coordinator.
- The Doddridge County Fair Board and staff are ineligible to compete.
- Participants are responsible for their own props and costumes.
- Only props that can be carried on and off by the performer or performer’s assistant and do not require extensive set-up are allowed.
- Vocalists may use recorded accompaniment tracks with vocal background, but there shall be no lead vocals on the track. Lip syncing is not permitted.
- CD’s are allowed for accompaniment only. For recorded accompaniment, a CD with only one track is recommended. Clearly label the CD with the performer’s name and music title. An easily accessible backup for all acts is also required to be in your possession during the show. Music should be retrieved from the sound table immediately following the performance.
- The house sound system will be provided by the Doddridge County Fair.
- A contestant is eligible to compete in a solo act and group act, with a separate application for both the solo act and group act.
- Group acts are limited to 5 performers per group.
- Once a contestant has won the 2018 Doddridge County Fair Talent Show they are ineligible to compete for one year.
- In cases where the act consists of people from different divisions, the act will compete in the older division. Performers ages 1-9 who use an adult accompanist may compete in the Children Division provided accompanist does not assume any visual importance in the performance.
- There will be three (3) age categories: Child (ages 1-11), Teen (ages 12-17), and Adult (18 & older).
- All interested persons must complete an entry form. Parent/guardian must sign the form if the contestant is under 18 years of age.
- Doddridge County Fair Board is not responsible for the theft, damage, or injury of any kind, to persons or instruments, props, clothing, etc., during, before, or after the performance.
- Contestants must pre-register either by mailing an entry form or registering the day of the show.
- 1st place- 3rd place winners will receive a cash award along with a trophy and a trophy given to the performer awarded “Best of Show”.
Entries must be received by August 17, 2019
**Option to enter the day of the talent show on August 21, 2019, is
available IF prior arrangements have been made with the show
Entries can be mailed/emailed or dropped off to:
670 Stage Coach Road
Salem, WV 26426
Dee Dee Nicholson
Tease Me Hair Salon
West Union, WV
(304) 871-3835 or (304) 873-1403
- Judging will be done by a panel of judges
- Judging will be on the basis of 50 points broken down as follows:
- Costume 1-5 points
- Audience Appeal 1-5 points
- Stage Presentation 1-15 points
- Ability 1-25 points
- The top three (3) point totals in each division will receive a cash prize and be eligible for the “Best of Show” award.
- In the case of a tie, acts will perform again at the judge’s discretion.
- All judges’ decisions are final and scores will not be released to contestants or the public.