2017 Doddridge Co. Fair Amateur Talent Show
August 23, 2017, 7:00 pm
Registration Deadline: August 14, 2017
TALENT SHOW RULES
- There are two categories: Music (vocal and instrumental) and Dance/Twirl.
- There are three divisions of competition: Junior 12 & under, Teen 13 – 17, Adult 18 & up.
- Amateur acts only. (No professional/working performers)
- Group acts are limited to 5 performers.
- The oldest member of the group will determine the division of all group acts.
- Acts must be no longer than 5 minutes. (If act is longer than 5 minutes, approval must be received from talent show director.)
- Acts must provide recorded music of good quality. Have your music cued to the beginning.
- Acts will be scored on appearance, stage presence, sound quality, rhythm and timing, and overall audience appeal. Up to 10 points may awarded for each category.
- The decisions of the judges will be final.
- Absolutely no information will be released to anyone except the contest director.
- Ties will be performed again at the judge’s discretion.
- No gifts should be given to any contestants until the contest is over and the contestants have left the stage.
- The Fair Board is not responsible for lost articles. Contestants should claim music, costumes, props, etc. at the stage area when the contest is over.
- Contestants will pay $5.00 each (max of $25) per entry.
- The show is limited to the first 12 entries in each division.
- Contestants may compete only once (group or solo).
- You must pre-register to perform in the show.
- Late entries are discouraged; however, you may contact directors for further discussion.
- Winners will receive a cash award along with a ribbon.
- A trophy will be given to the performer awarded “Best in Show.”
All contestants must sign in between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. the night of the show at the stage.
Showtime: 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Thank you and Good Luck
Melanie Jett, Marilyn Jett, and Keri Jenkins
Melanie Jett, Chair (304)871-0626
Marilyn Jett (304)871-0677
Keri Jenkins (304)557-0000